What is Embarcadero RAD Studio 11.0?
RAD Studio(r), the ultimate IDE for creating single-source native apps for multiple platforms with Delphi(r), modern C++ and advanced Windows desktop UI library libraries for Windows 11, adds high DPI support to IDE. This allows developers to work on larger screens at higher resolutions. The IDE now supports the latest 4k+ high resolution monitors, which improves developer productivity.
Use RAD for 4k+ Screens
RAD Studio 11 provides high-DPI support for the IDE. This allows developers to work on large, high-resolution screens. Developers can now use the latest 4k+ high resolution monitors for better productivity.
FireMonkey Windows now uses the same DP (rather than Pixel) model of all platforms. This offers significant improvements in the app rendering on Windows HighDPI or 4K monitors.
Design Time with VCL Styles
VCL Styles now offers design-time support. You can prototype stylish UIs faster with VCL Styles’ instant design-time view. This allows you to see how your controls and forms will run when they are running.
Modern UIs can be improved by understanding how styles affect the UI at runtime at design time. It is particularly useful to create better UIs quicker when using per-control styles.
Windows 11 is coming soon!
Windows 11 provisioning support with integrated MSIX generation. WebBrowser component to Windows. Supports both the IE ActiveX control and the new Microsoft WebView 2 control (Chromium based Edge).
Visually build native Windows applications with Enhanced VCL Form Designer. C++ RTL and Enhanced Delphi for 32-bit Windows.
Get M-Series Apple Silicon!
Use the universal package to compile for macOS (M series Apple Silicon) Compiling for the new M-series macOS processors and existing Intel processors (Apple Silicon) is now possible. Compiling for the latest processor versions allows for the best performance across all platforms and supports universal packaging for macOS app stores.
Get Android API 30 compiling!
Android API and Libraries Updated – API 30, Google Play V3, Android X. As the platform develops, keep up to date with the most recent requirements for Android.
This includes the most recent billing API (required for Google Play Store). C++ RTL for Android with enhanced Delphi and C++, including support for Android API Level 30. Support for the new AndroidX libraries. To help you monetize your apps, there is an in-app purchase component. Android solution Google Play Billing Library Version 4. FireMonkey Enhanced Application Platform to create native Android ARMv7 apps for Android 11, 10, Pie (9.0), Oreo (8.1)
Remote Desktop Support for VCL/IDE has been improved to allow developers to work remotely from their office. Enhanced remote and local 64 bit Windows applications debugging (Intel or ARM). Remote desktop support improves the efficiency of your team and your bottom line.
Embarcadero RAD Studio 11.0 Great Features:
- High-DPI support to the IDE, covering the latest 4k+ monitors, and cleaner and sharper fonts and icons throughout
- Multi-monitor and multi-window improvements: design and edit code for the same form at the same time in multiple windows
- Completely rebuilt Welcome Page with a native look and feel, and a UI that fits the IDE, and customizable layout and content
- C++ Code Formatter: Automate the layout of your C++ code using clang-format
- Improved remote desktop support for VCL and IDE
- FireMonkey design-time guidelines: Prototype faster with visual lines and enhanced margin and padding support
- Rich Edit component update removes XP dependencies and introduces new features to TRichEdit control
- VCL Styles add design-time support: prototype stylish UIs even faster by seeing immediately at design-time how your styled forms and controls will look when running
- Support for CheckBoxes in TreeViews added, with each node supporting 3 states (Partial, Dimmed, Exclusion) to help customise the UI
- New TDBLabeledEdit component offering a data-aware version of the TLabelEdit for faster prototyping
- Numerous VCL improvements including default form size and font, exception dialog copy button, margins on Memo and RichEdit and many more
- Improved FMX High-DPI support for Windows and Desktop with a visibly superior desktop UI
- Support for Microsoft’s WebView 2 control (Edge Chromium) in the WebBrowser component
- Support for the latest Android 30 API and latest Billing APIs, and migration to use the AndroidX libraries
- Android support for multiple classes.dex files, simplifying integration of external Android dependencies
- Delphi macOS 64bit ARM compiler and toolchain that includes building universal binaries for Intel/Arm AppStore submissions
- Delphi language support for binary decimals and digits separator
- C++ toolchain improvements with overhauled Delphi-style RTTI for C++ types, including using typeid on Delphi-style types
- Improved C++-style RTTI for Delphi types
- CMake quality improvements and greatly improved exception handling on both Win32 and Win64
- RTL Quality focus: TZipFile, 64bit improvements for large data structures, Bluetooth LE
- Record Helper for TDateTime in System.DateUtils
- Record Helper for TCurrency in System.SysUtils makes working with Currency simpler and easier
- C++ RTL improvements include using make_shared and make_unique with Delphi classes, string_view support for Delphi strings, and easy Delphi/C++ string conversion
- Use of Visual Studio Code to edit Delphi source with full code completion
- LSP awareness of Include files
- Auto restart of LSP server
- Auto code completion with Tab key
- Class helper support
- Array suggestions when assigning arrays
- FireDAC in the new release offers specific improvements for the PostgreSQL, Oracle, and Firebird databases
- HTTP and REST client libraries have been extended with timeout mechanisms, support for HTTP/2, TLS 1.3, Base64 URL Encoding
- New component TRESTRequestDataSetAdapter simplifies uploading datasets to RAD Server
- New low-traffic RAD Server Lite allows unlimited deployment of your multi-tier solutions, alongside with the fully scalable RAD Server engine
- For DataSnap, the REST URL mapping logic is now fully configurable